The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

November senior student of the month

For the month of November, Lucy Kite was nominated as Watertown’s senior student of the month. She was nominated by Ms. Wolf for being an all around great student and athlete. Ms. Wolf said leadership was shown from being on the high school’s swim team by, “pushing her teammates to do their best and cheering everyone on in their races.” In addition to being a part of the swim team, Lucy is involved in multiple extracurriculars including National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, World Language Honor Society, and Girls Lacrosse. Lucy believes a great way to improve the school is, “To publicize our clubs and activities so people will want to join clubs and see the work that students do.”
Lucy was recognized last month for Art Student of the Month as she said her favorite class is Ceramics, “We throw clay on the pottery wheel and hand make projects.” Though she has a passion for art, Lisa Guerrera and Mr. Campbell inspired her future career to continue with the Math Finance Program and choose Accounting. Lucy would especially like to recognize Ms. Guerrera for being an amazing teacher and friend: “She has always helped me in math and she is always there if you need extra help.”
Lucy would also like to recognize Ms. Wolf as she has helped Lucy greatly. Lucy expressed that Ms. Wolf has always been there for her. She is someone Lucy could talk to about swimming or her personal life. Ms. Wolf has been her swim coach for three years and Lucy is extremely grateful for her.
After high school, Lucy plans to go to college and major in Accounting. She has had help from many great teachers at the high school to decide on a career and make the best of her time here at the high school. Her main goal is to be happy, healthy and successful in life. For any underclassman hoping to succeed, Lucy says, “My advice would be to complete all your work on time to the best of your ability and join a sport or other activity to make friends.”