The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

November Freshman Student of The Month

Lia Skowronski, the Freshman Student of the month, shared her thoughts on receiving Student of The Month for November, her future goals for highschool, and people who inspire her to strive in school. She was very shocked that she received the award and was not expecting it. Lia is an athletic, strong student at Watertown High School. She is involved in a spring sport, soccer, and a winter sport, indoor track. She is looking forward to continuing both of her sports careers throughout highschool. Lia also plans on doing a spring sport, outdoor track. Sports is not the only thing she is focused on. Once Lia graduates she wants to pursue Marine biology: “Sea life has always interested me and I want to help animals.” She says, other than being a marine biologist she also wants to model, saying, “clothes and the way runways work have always interested me.”
Lia looks up to her sisters, Taylor and Shay, “My sisters have more experience with the world and I trust what they say.” When asked if she had any quotes that inspire her she said,“Don’t judge a book by its cover.” She follows this quote because anyone in life could be going through something but until you meet them you don’t know their true identity. Lia gave advice for future freshmen who want to achieve this award saying, “Focus on what the teachers are saying and put a lot of effort into school work.”