The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

February Senior Student Of The Month

Senior student of the month of February goes to Besmallah Musid who said “It was something that I wasn’t expecting.” Musid says being chosen for student of the month “Means a lot because it makes me happy and it made my entire family happy as well.” Besmallah arrived in the U.S. last January in the middle of her Junior year. Musid’s biggest challenge for coming to the United States was learning the English language. “Learning the English language was my hardest challenge, because it is not my first language and I’m still learning it.” Musid says her favorite school subject is Biology. 

Musid’s experience at WHS so far has been a good one saying, “When I first came here I didn’t think that the school was going to be as nice as I was expecting so it surprised me.” Musid’s advice for kids coming into high school or who are moving up a grade level is “Work hard no matter what you feel, and just do whatever you can to be your best.”

Musid’s goals for the rest of the year now heading into the final 3 months of the school year are to “Continue to be able to get as many good grades as possible and also continue to be a good student.”