The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Hoya! -Watertowns Newest Restaurant

Located in Watertown, CT, the newest hotspot for Asian cuisine, Hoya,  is an Asian fusion restaurant that serves  a variety of drinks and foods. Hoya opened on April 27th on Main Street. Some of the most popular items include the Volcano Poke Bowl and Brown Sugar boba Milk Tea. Currently the restaurant is packed with excited new customers! 

During my experience I tried the Volcano bowl, Brown Sugar boba milk tea and the Crab Rangoons. Immediately after the opening many people were eager to try. Once I walked into the restaurant the atmosphere was very open. The workers were very friendly and they made sure if I had any questions they could answer them. A senior at Watertown High School, Talia Solla, told me her experience at the restaurant. She explained that, “it was very cute and welcoming on the inside.” She also ordered the Volcano Bowl and said, “It was very filling and healthy!” 

The Volcano Bowl had Salmon, Crab, Tuna, Snow Peas, Rice, Cucumbers and Spicy Mayo. If you like spicy food, this bowl is for you! It was refreshing and everything tasted very fresh. Next I tried the Crab Rangoons. The Crab Rangoons were filled with cream cheese and crab. They were crispy but they weren’t as hot as I would have enjoyed. Overall they were the perfect pair to go along with something spicy. Lastly to wash all of that down I got the Brown Sugar Boba Tea. Brown Sugar Boba is a classic flavor and at Hoya it was very good. The boba was chewy and fresh, along with the taste; the presentation was so cute! Overall Hoya was a great experience. Not only was the food delicious but the atmosphere and employees were very welcoming and nice.