New Clubs at WHS

Carter Willoughby, a Senior at Watertown High School, is in the works of creating the Debate Club for his Capstone project this year in order to give students a space to discuss important topics and learn how to articulate their ideas. In this club, Carter wants to teach students debate techniques and proper ways to run or get involved in a debate. This is a great way to improve upon your public speaking skills, and it is a really good way to learn more about current events or improve your current critical thinking skills under pressure. He is looking for a junior to step up and be the officer when he leaves. If you are interested, speak to the officers Carter Willoughby and Sam Falotico or the Advisor, Mrs. Loughlin. You can now join the club’s google classroom for more information.

Another new club is Chess Club created by Sophomore Alban Kadiu, and advisor Mrs. Gaydosh. Students are taught the skills and tactics necessary to be able to comprehend and win a chess match. Chess club meets every Wednesday in room 211. Chess club is a great way to socialize and make new friends. You’ll be able to discuss strategies and tactics with other members, and you can even learn from each other’s mistakes. No matter your skill level chess club is extremely welcoming to everyone and is always looking for new members.