The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Reflection on Watertown Volleyball

Watertown Volleyball 2023 has now come to an end, leaving senior teammates without their sport and underclassman teammates without their seniors. Every hit and dig that made the games captivating has now come to an end. On October 25th, the Watertown High school volleyball team had ended their last game for the 2023 season.

Playing Wolcott, sets were back and forth, having teammates tired after each time the ball had dropped. Watertown unfortunately lost but doesn’t mean they didn’t try their best. Seniors had said goodbye to their underclassman teammates, tears were shed but a great season was left behind to look back on. 

Anesa Xhema, a former senior varsity player, expressed her thoughts on the outcome of the season and senior night, which took place at Watertown High School on October 23rd. This game was not only a great way for the seniors to show their progress from all their years playing, but it was a great ceremony to end the senior’s last game. “When the girls were on the court they were very supportive, always there for anyone no matter what mistakes were made,” Anesa Xhema said. The only issue that interfered with the girl’s playing was not getting hyped up enough for the games, and getting down on themselves after making a mistake, even though volleyball is a game made for mistakes. It was shown that during a game the girls had strengths as well as their weaknesses, they would huddle up and take time-outs to reflect with each other and give good commentary with one another. This season will be missed. 

Although the girls aren’t happy with the outcome of the season they all played their best and tried their hardest in order to get the stats they got. For improvement: “Positive comments are needed while on the court,” Anesa said. However, the team does perform excellent serves, hits, and digs. With the season over, many players are upset over not being able to play with seniors anymore but it was a great season and left behind a great legacy. The seniors will be missed but remembered for their amazing advice and outstanding performances on and off the court.