The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Midterms

Midterms
Getty Images

After Winter Break, students’ relaxation comes to a halt on January 17th until the 23th, as midterm testing will occur for all Watertown High School students to “assess students mastery of skills” in classes, as one of the Vice Principals, Mr. Hogrefe, states. Each day of finals week consists of two exams. Each exam will be 10% of students’ grades if a full year, and 20% if a semester course. The midterm schedule is: January 17th periods 1 and 2, January 18th periods 3 and 4, January 19th periods 5 and 6, and January 22th periods 7 and 8.

For the midterm week, students will be able to access the buses as a normal half-day, and students with only one exam can leave early or arrive at school late if they can access a ride. If a student misses an exam, it is required to use make-up day, the 23rd.

To help the freshman study for their midterm exams, Link Crew, a program to welcome Freshmen, is hosting Cocoa and Cramming on January 9th. This event is a productive use of time after school for Freshman to study with older students who’ve dealt with midterms already. For studying, Link Crew leaders, Besiana Dauti and Dominic Soeprasetyo, suggest studying tips, such as not waiting until the last minute to study, be well rested and fed to have a clear head, and make sure to study in between each break for the upcoming test.