The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Senior Corner

Senior Corner

Second semester is a big deal for seniors, filled with lots of different things and responsibilities for them to consider. Capstones, for example, are inching towards the end, with capstone presentations coming up quick. The hour log for senior’s capstones is due March 5th, along with the final product. Capstone presentations are on March 14th and 15th—depending on schedule—with their SSP. 

With the yearbook staff wrapping up this year’s edition, they sent out an email requesting seniors to submit a senior superlatives google form, senior spotlight photos (candids and baby photos), and a questionnaire of would-you-rather structured questions. Students need to buy their yearbooks by Friday, February 23rd

FAFSA—Free Application for Federal Student Aid—is also now open for students and parents. They can now create their ID—it will take 3-5 days to process—and complete the FAFSA. Students should check individual college websites for updated deadlines, as some schools are extending deadlines due to the late rollout. Local scholarships are currently available as well. Students can find information in the Class of 2024 Google Classroom under ‘Scholarships.’ Check Google Classroom for workshops to ask questions and get help. There is also a Google Sheet posted in Google Classroom under ‘Scholarships’ wish current scholarships available through the counseling department for students. Cap and Gowns are ready to be ordered, and needs to be ordered by February 15th