The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

2024 Graduation Details

As we come to the end of another great school year, the long awaited graduation ceremony is upon us! The 2024 graduation ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 13, 2024, at 6:00 PM at Watertown High School on the field. Seniors need to arrive no later than 4:30 PM before the ceremony. If there is a chance of rain the day of the ceremony it will be  inside the Gymnasium and guests must carry their tickets to be checked upon entry. Due to the smaller proximity of the gym, overflow will be moved to the auditorium to watch the ceremony on livestream, so seating will be first come first serve. Each senior will be given 4 tickets to each. Tickets will only be needed if the ceremony is indoors. Tickets are not needed if the ceremony is outside and any family member or friend can come and watch. 

Seniors need to make sure to attend the graduation practices on June 10th, 11th, and 12th to participate in the ceremony. June 12th will also be the day seniors will go to John Trumbull Primary School to do the traditional Graduation Walk. Many seniors are anticipating the arrival of their caps and gowns which will be available on June 10th. They will be able to pick them up while at practice. Seniors can decorate their caps however they like, but cannot touch their gowns; gowns aren’t allowed to be decorated. 

Seniors are also excited about the Project Graduation event that will happen at 9:30 PM after graduation and continue to 5:00 AM. Once students enter the event they may not leave unless notified otherwise by parent or guardian. Sign up forms for Project Graduation and the Graduation Walk will be sent to homes through mail which will also include additional information. Once again, congratulations to the class of 2024 and hope to see all seniors attend graduation!