Beauty and the Beast

This year’s musical, Beauty and the Beast, directed by Foster Evans Reese, has been under development and is set out to open on Thursday, March 16th at 7PM in the Watertown High School auditorium. Other showtimes are on the dates of Friday, March 17th at 7PM, and two shows on Saturday, March 18th, at 1PM and 7PM. Tickets can be purchased through Park and Rec, during lunch waves, or through an online site at a cost of $15 per adult and $10 per student.

On December 21st of 2022, Director Foster Evans Reese held auditions for the upcoming school musical. Students gave their all into singing for their wanted roles. Three students were given the honor to play the leading roles for the musical, such as Belle, played by senior Clara Pizzolorusso, the Beast, played by senior Garth Betts, and Gaston, played by sophomore Caleb McGaffey-Schipul. If students want to be a part of the musical without acting, they could join the ensemble, where they sing and dance in the background. For students who didn’t want to be part of the main focus on stage, they still had options, like stage crew or orchestra pit. Students in stage crew work on the set design at meetings. During musical showtimes, students work on lighting, sound, or set changes. Students who would rather show off their instrumental talent could be a part of the orchestra pit. Pit creates the background music for songs in the musical through their instruments. Lots of hard work is put into learning and practicing the music. Set construction is going to be created by the students in Mr. Matthew’s wood class; and Graphic Arts student Erin Pienczykowski will be creating the design for tickets and posters.