Rays of Hope

A group of 10 girls at WHS came together to form the Rays of Hope team, running a campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). This campaign is running from February 3rd to March 24th to raise money for cancer patients in need. They are raising money through many different fundraisers held in school and around town. 

LLS runs a yearly competition called the “Student Visionaries of the Year,” where teams of high school students all around Connecticut try to fundraise the most money in 7 weeks. The winning campaign leaders win a $10,000 scholarship toward college, and Rays of Hope is trying to raise the most money out of 14 schools in greater Connecticut. They have been working hard towards raising money under the campaign pillar of “patient support”, meaning that the money they raise will go toward patients who need money for treatments and medical help.

A fundraiser the Rays of Hope team created was “Happy Hearts,” where students and teachers could customize a heart and send it to a person of their desire on Valentine’s Day. They also held a red-out on Valentine’s Day at school, collecting $1 from anyone wearing red and selling red merchandise, such as headbands, beads, heart glasses, etc. Other fundraisers include a bake sale at Labonne’s, selling Super Bowl squares, and more! If you would like to donate, feel free to reach out through our Instagram @rays_of_hope_whs, or anyone on the team!