The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Club Recap

Some of the community based clubs at Watertown High School are participating in activities for the holidays. The National Honor Society is a club where students fundraise and do activities to help the community and school. The student President of this club is, Ella Kijak and the Vice President is Nathalia McDonnell. Secretary Rea Hoxha, and Treasurer Jimiyah Brunette, and Public Relations Chair Talia Solla. Advisors running this club are Mrs. Alves and Mrs. Puma. Recently the students wrote holiday cards to give to the nursing homes. 

The World Language Honor Society is a club that celebrates different cultures for students who are selected for outstanding performance in World Language classes. Kaylee Deluca and Madison Smith are student presidents of the club and Mrs. Moher and Mrs. Avalos are class advisors. They conducted popcorn fundraisers to raise money for the Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury, a shelter home provided for the community victims of domestic violence served as an emergency shelter. They also made holiday cookies and sent Christmas cards to teachers.

Leo Club is a club for students to volunteer around the community. The students meet two times a month after school in the library. They created a Christmas tree fundraiser and the money raised was put towards Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation for helping blind people with guide dogs. 

The Interact club is another club for students to volunteer around the community and they hosted “Cocoa and Cards” for all students to create holiday cards for nursing homes in the area. Exploring through the clubs has been a thrilling journey showing that you also can do your part in the community by joining one of these clubs.