The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Drake’s For All The Dogs Review

Released on October 6th, 2023Drake’s newest album For All the Dogs had many fans staying up all night waiting for the release, but was it worth it? Yes. This album features 10 of the biggest artists out right now, and is packed with catchy hooks and clever lyrics. There are a few standout songs. Specifically, First Person Shooter features J.Cole, one of modern hip hop’s best rappers known for his writing mastery. That’s not the only standout song, Slime you Out (feat. SZA) gives you a breath of fresh air, offering a different flow then used on the rest of the album. Overall, there were a couple incredible songs, then there were some not so good ones; which is the reason I can only give this album a 7.2/10.

At release, For All the Dogs debuted at number one on the billboard 200, solidifying Drake as one of the greatest in our generation. This was his thirteenth number 1 album in the U.S. It did not only reach the top of the billboard charts in the U.S but debuted at number one on the UK billboard top 100, as well as the Canada top 100.

Favorite Song:

My favorite song off of the album is 8am in Charlotte, for its laid back beat and cunning storytelling. One of my favorite bars from this song is “I feel like if Mike switched out the glove for the pen.” This bar is talking about the great boxing legend Mike Tyson. It is trying to convey that Drake feels as if he has Mike Tyson’s skill and dominance but in songwriting rather than boxing. Another bar that made me have to rewind is, “I’m not sayin I’m the best at what I do, I’m just sayin it’s me versus whoever wanna lose.” This bar really stood out to me and  solidified this as my favorite song from the album.

Watertowns Favorite Song:

After talking to students all throughout WHS, the most popular song was IDGAF (feat. Yeat). Yeat is an extremely popular mainstream artist known for his catchy beats and songs used on tik tok. This upbeat track followed by an unforgettable hook was bound for success on the biggest stage. 

Top 5 songs:

1. 8am in Charlotte
  2. First Person Shooter(feat. J.Cole)
  3. What Would Pluto Do
  4. Gently(feat. Bad Bunny)
  5. Slime You Out(feat. SZA)