The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

What’s Going On With the Pharmacy World Today?

Recently, the lines at pharmacies in Watertown like Walgreens and CVS have been extremely long. Many people are waiting in line for about an hour just to get to the head of the line and find their prescription is not ready. Often people are told to come back in two or three days, then wait in line all over again. The drive thru isn’t open and the phone lines aren’t being answered.  

Since I have to take a lot of medication, the best solution my family has found is to go down to the pharmacy in person and expedite my prescriptions.  Basically, that means the pharmacist is putting it in the system as a top priority, then it only takes a couple hours.

It isn’t really the employees’ faults. They are understaffed. The CVS pharmacists are also covering for Walgreens because they close on the weekends. Also, a lot of insurance companies say you have to go to CVS. Even though this situation is frustrating, it is better to treat the pharmacists with respect. Yelling, screaming, and posting on social media doesn’t resolve the issue!