The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

January Sophomore Student of the Month

The Sophomore student of the month for January was Olivia Guerrera, nominated by her Spanish teacher, Mrs. Cyr. Olivia is a fantastic student who has gotten High Honors for as long as she can remember and has a consistent studying technique that gives her exceedingly good grades. Along with doing excellent in her classes, outside of school, Olivia also participates in multiple clubs and afterschool activities, such as Best Buddies, Interact, Leo Club, and Volleyball. 

Olivia states that receiving this award was surprising but somewhat deserving of the hard work placed into her schoolwork both in and out of school. Olivia wishes to go into the end of High School with consistent High Honors. She continues to receive similar grades for the past few years, maintaining her A average in almost every class she takes, but Olivia feels throughout Middle School and High School, she has grown as a student; one bad grade does not affect her poorly, but pushes her to work harder and more efficiently.

Due to her favorite subject being Spanish, Olivia was grateful to hear she received Student of the Month by her Spanish teacher, as she states the language “is easy for me” and also that “it comes naturally.” A famous quote that she follows is by one of her favorite actors, Heath Ledger from 10 Things I Hate About You: “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” Olivia believes if other students wish for this achievement that they have to become more comfortable with their schoolwork and use their best efforts to accomplish their most impressive grades for the student of the month.