The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

November Junior Student of the Month

The November Student of the Month is Brayden Gambee. Brayden was selected by Mr. Scarzella,—his Enrichment and Chemistry teacher,—for his respectfulness, politeness and his strong work ethic. He treats his peers and teachers with kindness and consideration, and always goes out of his way to help his fellow peers with the lab sessions. His ability to work well with his peers is an admirable quality, and he is seen as a role model for the other students of WHS. With this, he is also the quarterback on the Varsity Football Team, and plays on the Boy’s Varsity Basketball Team. Being a student-athlete can have its challenges, but Brayden is able to have a rare balance between the two. He was shocked that he was nominated and then picked for Student of the Month. Regardless, he says it feels great and he feels honored to be picked for this accomplishment. He feels that doing all of his work on time was one of the reasons he was selected for this award and could not be happier to be the recipient of this reward. Throughout the two years he has attended high school, he has learned a lot more; such as having a strong work ethic, which he feels helped him to receive Student of the Month. His favorite subject in school is history, as he thrives the most in it.
Additionally, Brayden’s goal for highschool is to succeed in his classes in order to get into a good college. He believes that if he works hard enough, this goal will be accomplished. Lastly, his advice to any students hoping to become a potential future student of the month is to pay attention and get your work done on time!