The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

February Freshman Student of the Month

The  February Freshman Student of the Month was Madelyn Aubertin, who was nominated by three of her teachers. Madelyn said that she was,“excited all [her] hard work paid off,” as she received this accomplishment. She said she was really shocked because of all the nominations. She believes she got Student of the Month because she does what’s expected of her; she does her homework, she studies, and puts her best effort into everything at school. Being chosen means a lot to her, as she says, “It shows that my teachers appreciate what I do and what I’m doing is good.”  She says how she wants to continue working as hard as she has been because it’s paying off.

Madelyn explained her transition to high school and how she’s adjusted. She said it was originally hard with more studying and work, tryouts for sports and midterms were her biggest challenges so far, but it’s gotten easier for her everyday life. She believes she’s already grown as a student in high school, and has learned more strategies that have been helpful to her studies. She has a few goals for herself, but one of them is to have 100 hours of community service hours by her graduation, and to be the future captain of the softball team. 

One person Madelyn really looks up to is her cousin, “because she works really hard and I want to be just like her.” The quote “Practice like you’ve never won, perform like you’ve never lost,” is a quote that has really stuck with her, as it motivates her and makes her feel good.  Madelyn is a well rounded student, participating in Best Buddies, Unified Sports, Volleyball, Softball, and Gymnastics. Her advice for future students of the month is to “do everything you need to and put everything into everything, and to work really hard.”