Halloween at Watertown High School

Halloween at Watertown High School

Halloween is a great time for the high school and has plenty of opportunities for younger kids and adults alike, bringing together the Watertown community with events such as the Trunk or Treat, Haunted Hallway, Safe Halloween, Senior Dress Up Day, and many others. 

On October 28th, WHS had a Haunted Hallway exclusively for the freshmen to participate in, set up by members and officers of the Link Crew. The Link Crew comes together and decorates one of the hallways in the school. Creating what is essentially a haunted house within the school. After the freshman head through the hallway, they were welcomed to go get snacks and then head to the gymnasium for a dodgeball game.

Safe Halloween is organized by seniors of the National Honors Society. They hosted a Trunk or Treat at the High School. Earlier in the year, they held a fundraiser to raise money for candy and decorations. The Trunk or Treat is a “Safer Alternative to trick or treating because now it is much more dangerous,” stated (Senior) Kyle Zaccagnini. 

On the 31st, WHS had Senior dress up day, where all seniors were encouraged to come to school dressed up in fun costumes. We had a costume contest in the Gym, and some of our winners were (senior) Sofia Coco with the most creative costume, best couples costume by (senior) Tobais Koval and (senior) Olivia Pasquariello. The seniors put together lots of cool costumes like Yo Gabba Gabba, Santa, The Pope and Knight. This year was a lot of fun, and I hope to see more of our community coming together for these great events again!