The Student News Site of Watertown High School

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

The Warrior's Wire

Senior Dress up day

On October 31st, Senior Dress Up Day was held for seniors to celebrate their final year with a fun memorable event, fostering a sense of unity and creating long lasting memories for the Senior Class of 2024. Senior Dress Up Day is a day where seniors wear their Halloween costumes in school.

The 2024 Senior Class Advisor Ms. Geurrera, organized this year’s Senior dress up day. She was very excited to see what kinds of costumes kids will come up with.  On October 31st,  the seniors met up in the high school gymnasium to see each other’s costumes, take pictures and were able to vote on the different superlatives. The winners of the different awards are as follows:  Best Overall was TJ Maclean with dressing up as the delorean and Mcfly, from TJ’s favorite movies the 1980s famous movie series Back To The Future; and who won  Best Individually costume winner was Jake Woodward dressing as the Disney character Maui;  and Most Scariest, Mario Jose Fernandez Torres as the scary clown from Terrifer. The group that won all out was Miley Slattery and Sophia Angiolini and Nadia Andarowski who dressed up as the nostalgic Christmas movie Home Alone. Additionally the group that won Best Trio was Giovanna Rapacioli, Jimiyah Brunette, and Mailyn Santana. Anthony Desena won the most goofy award for the  inflatable Barney costume. The Best Group award was given to Joseph Donorfio, Julia Conard, Chloe Desmarais, and Reagan Doolan for dressing up as Phineas and Ferb. The winner for the best duo was Gianna Desena and Lana Kolpa for the Pillsbury Doughboy and baker. Lastly The winner for the award for most nostalgic was given to Nathalia Mcdonnell and Mikayla D’Uva dressing up as Finding Nemo. 

Other notable costumes were the popular hip hop music artist from the late 2000’s Soulja boy by Brianna Pocesta and Kaylee Deluca. The inspiration behind this costume “Tik Tok and it took around 3 hours to make the costume”. On the other hand all teachers and staff dressed as Barbie in honor of the famous box office hit movie in 2023 with each Barbie costume having different themes. Senior dress up is not just a fun day for students to dress up, but a way for students to express themselves. This year we saw a lot of creative and unique costumes. Senior dress up day was a hit!